A girlfriend getaway is a time for women to travel and get away from work and the endless to-do list. It is an opportunity for women to laugh, relax, renew their spirit and reconnect with family, friends, and soul mates. Reuniting with childhood girlfriends or mother-daughter-grandmother bonding, women are hitting the road, exploring unique cultural sites, enjoying beautiful scenery, being pampered at a spa, enjoying a great meal together, and shopping till they drop!
This guide features a variety of listings including local inns, boutiques, specialty craft stores, antique shops, wineries, and great local dinning. So come stay in a charming inn and enjoy a day at the spa, sipping wine, or painting your own pottery. Take some time off from the hectic pace of home and enjoy a bonding experience with your best girlfriends while supporting the small businesses of the charming Illinois Valley.
Upcoming Events – For more events visit our Girls Road Trip Faceboook Page!
- Lock 16 Cafe’s April Shower’s Tea - Join us Thursday April 5th 2018 2:00pm – 4:00pm for Lock 16 Cafe’s April Shower’s Tea! Afternoon teas have been enjoyed for centuries and tea has been touted as a miracle cure and most potent health drink ever. Spend a relaxing with friends, or meet new friends, in the Lock 16 Vintage Room, sipping a […]
- Easter Dress with Laurie - Join us at Quilting in the Valley on Sunday March 25th 1:00pm – 5:00pm to learn how to make an Easter Dress with Laurie! Participants will make this easy pullover dress using crochet edged bias binding for the accents. Beginner friendly! Class fee includes pattern. RSVP REQUIRED: Visit www.quiltinginthevalley.com Quilting in the Valley: 1157 1st Street […]
- Springtime Jam at August Hill Winery - Ring in Spring 2018 with Chris Corkery Music on Saturday March 24th 4:30pm – 7:30pm at August Hill Winery! August Hill Winery: 106 Mill Street Utica, IL 61373
- “I’m A ray of F@cking Sunshine” - Join us at Beetz Me! on Friday March 23rd at 4:00pm – 8:00pm for their Ray of Sunshine event! This is an evening of saying so long to winter! Be sure to get your mug ( limited supply) prior to March 23, because it’s your ticket in the door on March 23! Plus 30% off […]
- Girls Road Trip Spotlight: Deja Vu! - Visit Deja Vu in Ottawa today! Deja Vu is a gift, floral and boutique shop that offers an upbeat style with an European flair. Deja Vu is one of the areas preeminent Gift and Floral Shops you will find anywhere. Walk through their vintage french doors and enter a beautiful 19th century building overflowing with […]
- Wednesday Wine Down! - Join us on Wednesdays at The Lone Buffalo by Tangled Roots Brewing Company for Wine, Weiss & Whiskey! The Lone Buffalo offers $4 wine, weiss, and martinis ALL DAY! Lone Buffalo: 808 LaSalle, St Ottawa, IL 61350