A girlfriend getaway is a time for women to travel and get away from work and the endless to-do list. It is an opportunity for women to laugh, relax, renew their spirit and reconnect with family, friends, and soul mates. Reuniting with childhood girlfriends or mother-daughter-grandmother bonding, women are hitting the road, exploring unique cultural sites, enjoying beautiful scenery, being pampered at a spa, enjoying a great meal together, and shopping till they drop!
This guide features a variety of listings including local inns, boutiques, specialty craft stores, antique shops, wineries, and great local dinning. So come stay in a charming inn and enjoy a day at the spa, sipping wine, or painting your own pottery. Take some time off from the hectic pace of home and enjoy a bonding experience with your best girlfriends while supporting the small businesses of the charming Illinois Valley.
Upcoming Events – For more events visit our Girls Road Trip Faceboook Page!
- Girls Road Trip Spotlight: Deja Vu! - Visit Deja Vu in Ottawa today! Deja Vu is a gift, floral and boutique shop that offers an upbeat style with an European flair. Deja Vu is one of the areas preeminent Gift and Floral Shops you will find anywhere. Walk through their vintage french doors and enter a beautiful 19th century building overflowing with […]
- Flight Night: Progressive Dinner - Join us on Wednesday March 14th 5:00pm-10:30, for the second series of our Flight Night Progressive Dinner! August Hill Winery, The Lone Buffalo and Starved Rock Lodge have once again teamed up to create an unforgettable event filled with wine, beer and food tastings. Their Flight Night progressive dinner is available the second Wednesday of […]
- Sunday Lecture Series: Labour History in the Illinois Valley - Join us on Sunday March 11th, 1:00pm -2:30pm for our Sunday Lecture Series: “Labor History in the Illinois Valley.” Illinois Valley workers organized to protect their rights, wages and conditions during the 1840s canal building era. By the Civil War, there was a vibrant labor movement in the Valley. Significant events, like the Cherry Mine […]
- Book Signing with author Jeanne Roppolo - Join us on Saturday February 24th 2018, 12:00pm – 2:00pm for a book signing with local author Jeanne Roppolo at the Lock 16 Cafe & Visitor Center. Jeanne will be signing and reading from her newly published book Grandma Goes to New Zealand & Australia: Walkabouts in the Lands Down Under. In here newly published […]
- Wednesday Wine Down! - Join us on Wednesdays at The Lone Buffalo by Tangled Roots Brewing Company for Wine, Weiss & Whiskey! The Lone Buffalo offers $4 wine, weiss, and martinis ALL DAY! Lone Buffalo: 808 LaSalle, St Ottawa, IL 61350