A girlfriend getaway is a time for women to travel and get away from work and the endless to-do list. It is an opportunity for women to laugh, relax, renew their spirit and reconnect with family, friends, and soul mates. Reuniting with childhood girlfriends or mother-daughter-grandmother bonding, women are hitting the road, exploring unique cultural sites, enjoying beautiful scenery, being pampered at a spa, enjoying a great meal together, and shopping till they drop!
This guide features a variety of listings including local inns, boutiques, specialty craft stores, antique shops, wineries, and great local dinning. So come stay in a charming inn and enjoy a day at the spa, sipping wine, or painting your own pottery. Take some time off from the hectic pace of home and enjoy a bonding experience with your best girlfriends while supporting the small businesses of the charming Illinois Valley.
Upcoming Events – You won’t want to miss out!
- Summer Sunset Concert at the Hegeler Carus Mansion - It’s SO much cooler on the lawn! Join us Friday June 30th at 7:00pm for the Double Dave Trio’s concert on the Hegeler Carus lawn! Grounds open at 5:30 pm for picnics. Music starts at 7:00 pm.
- Take the Stage Open Mic Night at Tangled Roots - Thursday June 29th 7:00pm -10:00pm Tangled Roots Brewing Company wants you to “TAKE THE STAGE” Register now: http://thelonebuffalo.com/take-the-stage Hosted by Sean Walsh! Musician? Poet? Comedian? Got a talent? We want to hear it! Every last Thursday of the month!
- Reddick Mansion’s Architectural & Historical Scavenger Hunt - The Reddick Mansion presents its inaugural “Architectural and Historical Scavenger Hunt of Ottawa” on Saturday, June 24th, starting at 6:30pm in the Gardens of the Mansion. “People really enjoy the various trivia nights throughout the winter,” said Lorraine McCallister, President of the Reddick Mansion Association. “An outdoor photo scavenger hunt through downtown Ottawa will be […]
- I&M Canal Boat Rides - Join us on the historic I&M Canal and take a tour on “The Volunteer”, a 1848 replica-packet boat and learn about an important part of Illinois history and the nationals first national heritage area. That Illinois is now the most populous inland American state, and Chicago the greatest city of the American heartland, is directly […]
- Girlfriends… The Bra Specialists - Girlfriends… The Bra Specialists is a comprehensive bra boutique featuring quality customer service in bra fitting & in-stock sizes 30 to 52″ bra band and AA to European “K” cup. The Bra Specialists has specialty areas of bridal, maternity/nursing, mastectomy, swimwear, shape-wear, and everyday and fashion bras. Located at 4419 Progress Blvd Peru, […]
- I•CON•IC Boutique in Ottawa - I•CON•IC Boutique in Ottawa is filled with eclectic merchandise and good vibes. I•CON•IC discovers and stocks eclectic pieces that will inspire countless outfits. Visit I•CON•IC in Ottawa at 721 LaSalle Street Ottawa, Illinois 61350
- Annie’s Little Pots - Simply a Place to Discover Art Located in a beautifully restored 1880’s historic building in Princeton Illinois, Annies Little Pots is a unique gallery featuring beautiful hand-made art from Central Illinois. All of the pottery is created by Ann Crosby in her studio on-site. You will also find a wide variety of metal sculpture for […]