A girlfriend getaway is a time for women to travel and get away from work and the endless to-do list. It is an opportunity for women to laugh, relax, renew their spirit and reconnect with family, friends, and soul mates. Reuniting with childhood girlfriends or mother-daughter-grandmother bonding, women are hitting the road, exploring unique cultural sites, enjoying beautiful scenery, being pampered at a spa, enjoying a great meal together, and shopping till they drop!
This guide features a variety of listings including local inns, boutiques, specialty craft stores, antique shops, wineries, and great local dinning. So come stay in a charming inn and enjoy a day at the spa, sipping wine, or painting your own pottery. Take some time off from the hectic pace of home and enjoy a bonding experience with your best girlfriends while supporting the small businesses of the charming Illinois Valley.
Upcoming Events – You won’t want to miss out!
- Girls Road Trip Spotlight: Beetz Me! - Check out one of our girls road trip stops in Princeton, Illinois. Come into Beetz Me! located in Princeton’s Art District and find the perfect gift, home decor, or apparel. Once you enter Beetz Me! Be prepared to enjoy a world away experience like none other. The staff take pride in gathering the most unique […]
- Wednesday Wine Down! - Join us on Wednesdays at The Lone Buffalo for Wine Down Wednesdays! Come to the Lone Buffalo and get $4 wine, weiss, and MARTINIS ALL DAY! This offer is for Wednesdays ONLY! Lone Buffalo: 808-812 LaSalle Street Ottawa, IL 61350.
- Boggio’s 18th Annual Craft / Vendor Event - Come to Boggio’s Orchard & Produce September 23rd-24th for their 18th Annual Craft & Vendor Event! There will be OVER 100 vendors & crafters bringing you “the best of the best.” Shop for goods, food, and gifts during this event while also enjoying the many family activities going on at the Orchard! No tickets required. Boggio’s […]
- 5th Annual Artisan Market - Join us at Hornbaker Garden’s on Saturday September 16th 10:00am – 4:00pm for their 5th annual Artisan Market! Join us in Hornbaker’s beautiful country setting for a day filled with 30+ fine artists, wine tasting, delicious home-baked items, live music, hands-on art tent for children by Princeton Arts Academy, local food trucks, Sisler’s ice cream, […]
- Letty Mae’s Tea Room - Come visit a fun and vintage styled tearoom where you can enjoy a yummy homemade lunch and a variety of teas. Letty Mae’s is a must stop on the Girls Road Trip through Morris! Find yourself in a lovely tea room with vintage tablecloths, teapots, brightly colored décor and of course, amazing teas! Serving lunch […]